Difficult to help....

------------   TEXT ATTACHMENT   --------
SENT 10-30-95 FROM CONKLIN_CHERYL @MAILMN

Hello,

I signed up on the Burmanet D-list a little over a month ago.  I
immediately sent a message to the E-mail address listed for 'volunteers'
in the Burmanews header saying that I was interested in helping out -
and have yet to receive a reply.

A little over a week ago, I responded to a message from some group at
Carleton College; their E-mail message said to write to them to find
out about activities for Burma Day on October 27th.  Again, I received
no response.

I find this very frustrating; as we all know, one of the keys to political
activism is getting as many people as possible involved in spreading
your message to the general public.  Who knows how many people have
inquired to members of this D-list about how they could get involved -
and then given up because their offer was ignored?

Just my two cents worth.  I'm planning on sending a 'boycott Pepsi'
E-mail to 30 or 40 of my dearest friends, and then spend my volunteer
time on a project that's a bit easier to coordinate.

CC