Activism and Disinterest Revisited

--=====================_815022965==_

Matthew Sinclair - Day (msinclai@xxxxxxxxxx), you amaze us!

Mr. Morton "addressed the substance of Mr. Tozzi" with wit,
kindliness, and poetry.  It was a lovely, intelligent response, and
we enjoyed it heartily.

How astonishing that you saw it as an attack, an act of violence.
We're glad for you that you've been so shielded from violence
that you could so mistake a paean to activism as to call it a
violent attack.

Mr. Morton, if you do not understand "how violence in Burma
is different from the violence in your attack against Mr. Tozzi"
we urge you to examine some Karen Human Rights Group
reports and photos or view the recent Barefaced Production,
"Life on the Line."

All these pseudo - sweetness and light attempts to stifle
discussion, disagreement, opinions, ideas, perspectives, values,
and points of view are dangerous and rabidly anti-democratic.

Anytime John Morton wants to speak up and express himself,
that isn't violence, it is his right.