To <[email protected]>;Please n

Subject: To <tozzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;Please note that; there is no personal attack on Dr. Ne Oo; but the fact is barely expressed!

Dear respectable Mr./Ms.(tozzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx),

Let me clarify the matter which become more and more in the picture of
our struggle for democracy and human rights in Burma.
You wrote:
	> In reference to ***Teresa O'Shannassy's personal attack***(1) on Dr.
	> Ne Oo, I continue to question whether or not ***the anti-SLORC
	> movement ***(2) can be successful if it is filled with people who
	> ***simply seem to act purely on emotion***(3).  Ms. O'Shannassy's
	> posting is a perfect example of my concern.

Let me explain point to point in numbers.

(1) Ms. Teresa O'Shannassy was not attacking personally on Dr. Ne Oo. There
was no such personal attack involve in this matter. It is merely an expression
of a real FACT! When such a fact is too real in the picture, you have seen
the uglyness in its fullness. However, it was not a responsibility of light
which spotted the picture, rather the picture itself is too ugly to look at.

(2) our struggle for democracy is not an ANTI-SLORC movement, we don't
attack, we don't fight, but we *strive* to bring democracy and dignity to
our society. Let me quote, "The struggle for democracy and human rights in
Burma is a struggle for life and dignity. It is a struggle that
encompasses our political, social and economic aspirations." (Aung San
Suu Kyi).

(3) Ms. O'Shannassy might be using her emotion as complementary energy to
express what should have said, but it was not **simply seem to act purely on
emotion*** as you put it. We human beings can only express words after
thoughts had established. Thoughts come not only from emotion but also from
the sense of duty which has to answer the calls. Once one felt that she or he
has to say something at one point, thought comes, then words, then speaking or
writing follows. My point is that she does not seem to act purely on emotion,
rather she was the one who answers the calls.
At this point, what is count basically is the sense of duty in the first
place. Thereafter, the way of expression, carefully chosen words, language
skill, personal style, etc. etc. follow in a row to be taken into account.

As a Burmese saying goes, "Wise person can see one mile when he is shown one
inch". Therefore, I can safely leave you here in order to save your valuable
time and so do ours.

Last but not least,
you have said:
	> When one becomes a slave to his emotions, he becomes a puppet to the
	> group that can most effectively manipulate him.  What any movement
	> needs are reasonable men and women who are able to evaluate all
	> opinions objectively and respond with some form of dignity.
Thank you for your wise words. Although we have learned this from our
teachers, books, various wise people and, from our own life experiences, we
must repeat hearing it as often as opportunity comes and bring it into
practice.

Sincerely yours,
Ni Ni.