Two requests for information

--=====================_813956460==_

1)  In The BurmaNet News: October 7, 1995 Issue#246 there
appeared an item relating that on October 6th, 25 DKBA
soldiers went into Shoklo refugee camp and killed two Karen
refugees, and that people in Shoklo and Mae La were extremely
afraid of further attacks.

We have tried to get further detail, but friends in the area could
obtain no confirmation let alone additional information about
that incident.  We certainly appreciate the need to keep sources
confidential but would appreciate some follow-up on this, since
it is important to know whether or not these are actual DKBA
activities, as opposed to ordinary crimes.

2) Also, we would like to request information available on the
present situation of repatriation from Bangladesh to Arakan.
This matter was much in the news at the time of the MSF and
RI reports but we have heard nothing recently.   Also we have
virtually nothing on forced labor projects in Arakan.

Thanks very much for any information you can provide.

Ken and Visakha Kawasaki