Info source for Tourism in Burma

Anyone who is interested in getting info about  tourism in Burma (e.g.,
1996 Visit Myanmar Year, Slorc's tourist projects), please contact the
following individuals. They are Burma activists who work in the area of
tourism.

Nicholas Greenwood
Right Now Books
TEL &FAX (171)-223-8987

Sue Weat, Burma Researcher, Tourism Concern, Southlands College, Wimbledon
Parkside, London SW19 5NN
TEL: 0181-944-0464
FAX:  0181-944-6583

Not only can they provide info on hotel projects but they can also tell you
documented stories of the use of forced labor in tourism projects.

There is a 12 minute long BBC documentary made several months ago by Vivian
Morgan and one other professional.  It's called "A State of Despair:
Burma."   If anyone is willing to use it for our ongoing Free Burma
political campaign, please contact me on the Net or via fax (608)263-9992.
It touches upon the serious issue of slave labor and tourism development
and is a very well-done.

I myself used to work for what was then called Tourist Burma, and know
quite a bit about tourism in Burma.

zarni

WHEN SPIDERS UNITE, THEY CAN TIE DOWN A LION.
                                                        Ethiopian Proverb