INVITATION FROM MAYKHA-L Listserv

Dear Burmese Scholars and Students;

	As a result of the Burmese Student Educational Seminar hosted by Indidna
University International Services from July 28 to July 30, the MAYKHA-L
listserv came out to serve Burmese Scholars and Students for communication
purpose. MAYKHA-L is now active and we would like to invite all Burmese Scholars
and Students to joine the list. To subscribe to MAYKHA-L, just send a note to:

	LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx , in the body place the command:

	SUBSCRIBE MAYKHA-L 1stname Lastname

	e.g SUBSCRIBE MAYKHA-L Maung Hla

Your contribution of knowledge and resources will help Burma's young generation
to educate themselves and prepare for the future of them and their country.
Burma interest scholars and researchers are also invited to join the list. It
is our goal that the listserv will facilitate all list subscribers to do
successful research, discussion, sharing resources, and preparing for the
future of Burma.

	It is the time for us to prepare for 'what is next after democratic
revolution in Burma?' We would like to respectfully request especially to
Burmese scholars to share and contribute knowledge with young generation of
Burma. This knowledge contribution can be made by sending your postings to
MAYKHA-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx since this list is going to facilitate for
communication among the scholars and students. The generation which lost almost
a decade of formal study have now luckily get opportunity to continue their
studies in many countries around the world. However, we still have many things
to learn and many ways to be mature in order to be able to handle country's
many delicate and important issues when the country become an open society. And
it is our duty to serve for the social justice and national development at the
same time. With that in mind, all 120 scholars and students who attended the
Educational Seminar at Indiana University agreed to proceed with their group
research in the following panels:

   I. SOCIAL & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PLANNING (SEDP)

	There are 15 panel mambers who are preparing to draw
	national development plan for future Burma.

   II. AGRICULTURE & RURAL DEVELOPMENT PLANNING (ARDP)

	There are 7 panel members who are preparing for the research paper
	and plan.

   III. TECHNOLOGY, ENERGY, AND TRANSPORTATION DEVELOPMENT PLANNING (TETDP)

	There are 27 panel members who are planning to launch varieties of
	programs and development plans.

   IV.  PLANNING FOR EDUCATIONAL REFORM & MEDIA (PERM)

	There are 11 panel members who are preparing for the plan.

   V. PUBLIC HEALTH & CLEAN ENVIRONMENT PLANNING (PHCEP)

	There are 12 panel members working on the plan.

   VI. ETHNIC CULTURAL HERITAGE FOUNDATION OF BURMA (ECHFB)

	There are 10 panel members working on the plan.

	These all panels and members of each panel are working on the voluntary
basis. They are not associated with any individuals or associations. They are
Burmese students and scholars who volunteered to do so. Therefore, any one who
would like to participate in any panels should send the message to:

	IUBURMA@xxxxxxxxxxx

	Then IUBURMA will send your name to the selected panel. Mostly the
communication among the panel members will take place in MAYKHA-L
listserv group.

	Thank you.

	Moderator of MAYKHA-L, Tun Myint.