Welcome Back

Dear Ken and Viskaha:

You may well be interested to learn on August 8, we handed a letter
to the Deputy Consul at the Japanese consulate in Boston expressing
our deep concern about growing Japanese governmental and corporate
involvement in Burma. I will fax you a copy of the letter and the
leaflet we distributed outside the consulate. I understand that the
activists on Los Angeles are planning or have completed a similar
action.

I am very interested in making sure that similar actions are reported
in the Japanese media. Consequently, I would request that other Burma
action groups take you up on your kind offer to alert the Japanese
media to demonstrations outside Japan.

I would be more than happy to mail, fax or email copies of the letter
and leaflets that Massachusetts Campaign for a Free Burma used in our
demonstration.

Simon Billenness
Franklin Research & Development
(617) 423 6655 x225