Article for Wired Magazine

Many of you have been long awaiting the publication of a freelance article
by me in Wired Magazine.  In an attempt to maintain journalistic
professionalism and objectivity I have refused you access, despite repeated
requests, to your quotes or any part of the text.

It is with considerable embarassment that I must note that for one reason
or another my article "Whispers From the Web" has been held several months
running by the editors of Wired, though I hasten to add my UK editors have
been utmost supportive in the development of this feature.  Unfortunately,
as a result of being held so long it is fast losing relevence.

I have learned that it has now been pushed back further, slated to go in
the October issue of the UK edition of the magazine.  It is unclear when it
will appear in the US edition.  I understand that decision belongs to US
managing editor John Battelle (editor@xxxxxxxxx).

Publishing politics aside, as a journalist, my duty is to my topic and
subject.  Therefore, in order to see that this article has some impact I
have chosen to excercise my electronic rights to the text and am publishing
it on the Net.

Christopher Johnston
London
July 13, 1995