FIGHT FOR THE RELEASE OF AUNG SAN S

Subject: FIGHT FOR THE RELEASE OF AUNG SAN SUU KYI(ABFSU & CRABU)

"Here is the English translation letter of ABFSU and CRABU that
has come from inside Burma".

                FIGHT FOR THE RELEASE OF AUNG SAN SUU KYI

Our dear people and brother students,

At present, a sham national convention is being held by the
Slorc, the military regime, who harshly suppressed massive
pro-democracy movements in 1988, and then created a policy giving
the army a leading role in politics in Burma. For seven years,
the Slorc have been tricking the people with their slogan, "Our
three main duties".

In reality, they have committed countless serious human
rights violations in the country despite their slogans, "Army is
mother, army is father" and "Don't believe the words of the
outsiders".

Without a doubt, it is the time for the people to speed up their
efforts to bring genuine peace to Burma and end the civil war
that had raged for more than 40 years.

According to the Slorc's own law, July 11 will be the last day
they can detain Aung San Suu Kyi, the 1991 Noble Peace Prize
winner, who has been held under house arrest by the Slorc since
1989. Despite this, she has stood steadfastly with the people of
Burma in their struggle for democracy and human rights and her
release is clearly important for our people who live under
the iron heel of the military.

We, the student unions and the people will assemble at famous
Buddhist religious places on July 11 (Day of Waso Dahmma
Satkyar), in Burma to make collective prayers and peaceful
demonstrations for the release of Aung San Suu Kyi, in
synchronicity
with other communities in different countries.

We, the ABFSU (All Burma Federations of  Students Union) and
CRABU (Committee for Re-establishment of All Burma Students
Union) call on the people to cooperate with us in our struggle to
win the release of Aung San Suu Kyi.

We will all celebrate the collective prayers on July 11 (Day of
Dahmma Satkyar) at the Shwedagon pagoda, Sule pagoda, Mae Lamu
pagoda and Botahtaung pagoda in Rangoon, Phayagyi (Maha Muni) and
Aeindawyar pagoda in Mandalay and pagodas and monasteries in
other major cities in Burma.

ABFSU
CRABU
Date.1.7.1995