Statement On 33rd Anniversary of Ju (r)

Subject: Re: Statement On 33rd Anniversary of July 7th (NLD & ABSL)

>From: TUN MYINT <TMYINT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Statement On 33rd Anniversary of July 7th (NLD & ABSL)

>        This is Burmanet. News and statements are Burma-focus materials.  If
>you want to read the pride of Chinese, go to Chinanet and post there. If you
>love too much to your fellow native Chinese, why don't you go and complain
>about
>Great Cultural Revolution and 1989 Tiananman Square Movements in which many of
>your innocent fellow Chinese were brutally slaughtered by Chinese.
>
>        Keep in mind that not everything that BSPP and SLORC have done are
>wrong. There are certain things we ought to respect on what they have done.
>        Take care,

Hi, KoTun Myint (or is it Dr. Tun Myint?),

Thanks for reply; you have enlightened me.

Not all who reads the news on BurmaNet are 'ethnically pure Burmese.' You
will do well to garner the support of as many people as you can for the
Cause and not focus on one segment of the ex-patriots from the old country.

I hope you're not suggesting that the 1967 racial riots are justified. May
I remind you that while you expect full citizenship rights as an American
citizen (you are an American citizen, aren't you?), naturalized and
Burma-born ethnic Chinese deserve no less from their government.

For your information, I considered myself Burmese and that's exactly the
reason I subscribe to BurmaNet.

Yes, I condemn the excesses of the Cultural Revolution and the Tiananmen
massacre just as I'm sure you do.

Am I to understand that some people tacitly condone the anti-Chinese racial
riots?

As a member of the enlightened academia, you ought to be more balanced in
your writings and thoughts.

Take care,
K. Kay

Like they say, "blood's thicker than wine."