Walt Disney in Burma..

>From Matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Tue Jun 27 07:47:09 EST 1995
>Article: 2721 of soc.culture.burma
>Newsgroups: rec.arts.disney,soc.culture.burma
>Subject: Re: Walt Disney in Burma..
>Date: Tue, 27 Jun 95 10:31:47 GMT

In a reply to article <9506270647.AA19454@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           tun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

	{deleted.....}

>Freedom is subjective, a man might be ruled by a tyrrant king but still think
>himself as free because he has his own house.

	Unofrtunately, Burmese don't interprete it as "Freedom." I suppose you
do.

>We might be "free" but we are still plagued by taxes....is democracy freedom?

	Yes, democracy is freedom that is not on the crude stage as anarchy
state. Democracy is decorated by rules and principles that tend to make up the
society with harmony to human nature, that human nature need certain control.
Tax-law is an example that enforces people to share and care with one another
since your tax money is spent to build highways, public schools and public
utilities e.t.c. It is what you human-culturally owe to pay for public since you
are one of the users of public utilities.
	Second thought, since Demo=people and cracy=administration (from
cratia, Greek)-as people adminstrate themselves, it is the most appropriate
form to exercise our freedom. Although it comes to majority rule when it goes
with election (as John Stuart Mill had warned), it still is the best form for
all citizens when we make concrete rules and principles to check and balance
power between majority and minority. So democracy let you exercise your freedom
as far as you don't bother another. It also asks you to give us some of your
freedom in order to balance your freedom and others.  Isn't that fair use of
our natural resources?

>The only true form of freedom is anarchy, but even that imposes restrictions
>on our freedom because of its very nature.

	That is what an English philosopher Thomas Hobbes (1588-1679) would have
said based on his experiences in English and French civil wars. It will be clear
when you visualize the basket ballgames or football (soccor) games. it will be
very awkward and disorder to play those games without rules and the enforcement
officer (refree). So you are right. We need certain restrictions, but those
should not panetrate our basic freedom.
	The military government in Burma, SLORC is the government that does not
respect anyform of human principles. It violate all basic freedoms of Burmese
people. SLORC is absolute brutal regime in the world  without any exception
because it disrupts anyone whoever against its actions, its ideology, its
stupidity. You cannot sing the sounds that touch your feelings; you cannot
recite poems that reflect your thoughts; you cannot do any actions that you
think will bring your life better; you cannot do things that, in any form,
against SLORC.  My parents and my teachers in Burma taught me not to be friends
with such cruel human.
	I really hope the executive directors and marketing managers of Walt
Disney do not want to be partners of those killers -SLORC in the name of
Burmese Army. It is understood that Burmese Army and SLORC are different as so
are the sky and ground.

>Matt

Regards,

Tun Myint.