STATEMENT ON THE 50TH BIRTHDAY OF A

Subject: STATEMENT ON THE 50TH BIRTHDAY OF AUNG SAN SUU KYI

                  All Burma Students' Democratic Front
                              Headquarters

                                              Date: June 18, 1995

          Statement  on the 50th  Birthday of Aung San Suu Kyi

June 19, 1995 is the 50th birthday of Aung San Suu Kyi, 1991
Noble peace laureate.

It will be six years on July 20, 1995 that she has been held
under house arrest by the SLORC, military junta.

First we are very sad, that she has no opportunity to be with her
family, colleagues and her loving  people of Burma on the
occasion of her 50th birthday.

Even while under detention, sacrificing her life and facing such
loneliness, her struggles for democracy and human-rights have
been active and vital with utmost vigor and perseverance for the
entire people of Burma.

On the day of her birthday, on behalf of the Burmese people, we
are really concerned about the condition of her health and
request her release including her colleagues and all political
prisoners detained in the different jails in Burma.

We, the ABSDF, strongly denounce the military regime, which has
taken national power against the will of the Burmese people and
their unjust conduct to Aung San Suu Kyi and other political
prisoners firmly standing on their own belief for democracy and
human-rights.

We would like to call on the international community to
participate with us for the unconditional release of Aung San Suu
Kyi and all political prisoners.

We earnestly appeal to the democracy loving people inside and
outside of Burma to double our efforts for the restoration of
democracy and human rights in Burma.

Long live Aung San Suu Kyi.

Down with the military dictatorship.

Central Leading Committee