Fwd: Message from ABSDF in Ba...

Subject: Message from ABSDF in Bangkok
Date: 95-04-05 07:12:09 EDT
To: strider@xxxxxxxxxxx, tun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, FreeBurma@xxxxxxx

A friend has passed this along from Bangkok.  He asked that you post it on
the Internet where ever appropriate.

Moe Thee Zun, Chairman of the All Burma Student Democrtic Front
March 29, 3 PM, Bangkok Time

The SLORC might say it is=7F=7F releasing prisoners, but here is the real
 truth.
Many of these prisoners had been held for up to three years. After one month
of
freedom between thirty-one and fifty people were arrested during the funeral
ceremonies for former Prime Minister U Nu on the 20th of February. Their
only crime was to give flowers of condolence to the family of U Nu. Among
those arrested, with the information we have about them, include:

1. Aung Zey Zeya, Former chairman of Democratic Party for a New Society
(DPNS) in
Rangoon.

2. Tin Than Oo, Executive Member, district committee, in the Rangoon=
 district in
Rangoon.

3. Aye Aye Moe (Female, 22), a second=7F year philosophy major and h onors=
 student
at Rangoon University. Prior to her arrest she lived in Wazi, where her
family owns the Wazi tea shop at the corner of 33rd Street and Anewrahtha=
 Road.=20

4. Moe Kalaya Oo, (Female, 23-24)

5. Cho Nwe Oo

6. Maung Maung Kyaw, 27 years old, from ABSFU (All Burma Student Federation
Union)..

7. Ko Maung Nyunt

8. Moe Myat Thu from the National League for Democracy (NLD). He is a former
student about 29 years and is a close associate of Aung San Suu Kyi=20

9. Ko Thea Gyi, son of former chairman of the RSU (Rangoon Student Union)
during 1962..

10. Maung Maung Oo, from the NLD.

11. Ko Thein Gyi (Sule).

As of March 21st we have learned that the detained people haven't yet been
sent to trial but have undergone torture and are still being interrogated.
We appeal to Amnesty International, other humanrights organizations, and all
those concerned with human rights in Burma to protest the illegal detention
of these people and to do everything within their power to see that they are
released immediately.

Moe Thee Zun
Chairman, ABSDF=09