Kill file solution for rn on UNIX

To: tun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Coban Tun)
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 95 16:07:30 -0700

> I know how to make KILL file works by a subject filter but
> how can I make it to work with a From line? I want to filter
> out not seeing postings from a SLORC guy. One of the netter ask for it
> as well.
>
> Ct

For vanilla rn, and probably other newsreaders which understand the KILL file
format, edit the killfile and and make the following change:

before:

/: *blathering SLORC guy/:j

after:

/: *blathering SLORC guy/h:j
                         ^

Note the addition of the 'h' after the string to search on; it means search
the entire header for the string (and the :j means junk the article if the
string is found).  If you use an 'a' instead of an 'h', it'll search the
whole article for the string.

Al