FutureWork and Burma........

>From:	PO3::"nabokov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"  3-APR-1995 19:14:09.20
To:	Tun Myint <TMYINT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC:
Subj:	Re: FutureWork and Burma......

Hi,

My name is Myn Frestedt and I am a teacher in Arizona in the Phoenix
metropolitan area.  I am also a graduate school in curriculum studies.

Welcome to this listserv.  I find the discussion to be very mixed and
fast paced.  I do hope that some of the economics professionals will
answer your request for information on economic policy.

It is very ironic that it is the very power democracies which would keep
the Burmese from ruling their own freedoms in economic growth.  All I can
say is that Burmese business people will need to become expert diplomats
and shrewed policy makers.  My bias for education tells me to concentrate
upon the schools and especially the lower grades.  Bring up a cadre of
world class Burmese business/diplomatic citizens who understand the need
for autonomy.  Perhaps by studying the Swiss and the Netherlanders (small
units who are also surrounded by larger perhaps menacing forces) for how
they conduct their economies might provide some interesting information.

Best wishes to you and your hopes for Burma.

Myn Frestedt