FutureWork and Burma...... (r)

	When you speak about preserving Burmese culture which culture are
you talking about?  There are many cultures in Burma and they are all
syncretic. For example, I am sure you are aware the Buddhism came from
India.  Are you aware that the Burmese legal system is derived in great
part from Britan's.  Indeed, democracy is not an ideology that is
indigenous to Burma.  You seem to be contradicting yourself throughout
your diatribes.  Would you agree that perhaps there is also a culture of
violence and despotism in Burma?  Shall we preserve this as well?

	You say that the Rohingya have a right to citizenship if they
were born in Burma.  I'd like to let you know, or remind you, that the
expulsion of over 300,000 Rohingya in 1991 and prior to that in 1978, was
rooted in an ideology that sound very similar to what you seem to be
saying about the preservation of the Burmese culture.  Your line of
thought also seems similar to the Tatmadaw's rhetoric about preserving the
sanctity of the "Burmese" state; this ideology has justified the
suppression of the 1988 demonstrations the rape and pillage of the ethnic
peoples etc. etc. etc.  Perhaps, you have ingested a bit too much of a
certian strain of "Burmese culture".