ABSDF

Dear Friend,
Thank you for your response. I have heard a lot of great news about you. You
deserve a great deal of appreciation for your contribution to students and
their cause. Again, I am very glad to share my point of view about ABSDF with
you. The name ABSDF was selected by thousands of students not by a handful of
central committe members of two factions. This name belongs to all students.
Many students ( including five students from my camp ) have given up their
lives under the name of ABSDF. I was at the camp at the time of the split.
Choosing a new name did not even come across into our minds. We were ABSDF
and we will always be ABSDF. The point is, MTZ or its central committee did
not make the decision to keep the name. That was our (students in the base
camp) decision. There is also one point I would like you to consider,
everytime you address MTZ's ABSDF, please remember hundreds of  students are
behind this name. Not MTZ, but those students in the camp belong  to the
name, ABSDF. Those educated and dedicated  students are not idolizing MTZ but
supporting his ideology, honesty and leadership ability. It is an
individual's decision to like or dislike MTZ. However, once that anybody
attacks  or blocks assistance to MTZ's ABSDF ( I really don't want to use
that way, but use it for clarification) just because of personal dislike of
MTZ, that person crosses the line. He/She is offending those students in the
camp whether he/she intends it or not.  Besides, stopping food to these
students will never make them give up thsir belief and dedication (2 years
time has already proved it.)

I understand, though not fully, your worry and concern regarding two voices
of ABSDF. However, lets embrace the fact that there are factions and find the
best way to cooperate and reunify them. (That is what we, exiled students in
the U.S., are trying to do.)  Dumping one group over another is not the right
solution.  I heard from my friends (obviously from MTZ group) there is a
better understanding between the two groups. According to unconfirmed news,
both MTZ and Dr. Naing Aung were nominated in NCUB (National Council of Union
of Burma).  So, I believe things are getting better than they were 3 years
ago.  Thank you again for giving me this oppportunity to address this
problem.

ABSDF102