Joint Statem.ABSDF,CRDB,ABMYU,DP

ABSDF,DPNS,ABYMU and CRDB's statement on the golden jubilee
                     of Anti-Fascist Resistance Day

                                                                  Date: 26th
March, 1995

March 27, 1995 is a remarkable day as it is the 50th anniversary of the
anti-fascist freedom movement in Burma.

General Aung San has organized the thirty comrades and founded the Burma
Independence Army (BIA) on December 26, 1941 in order to fight against the
British colonialism for national independence. Later all the revolutionary
organizations, the army and entire people of Burma participated in an
umbrella organization known as Anti-Facist People Freedom League which was
led by General Aung San in order to oust the Japanese Fascist from Burma.

Under the leadership of AFPFL, the entire people of Burma started the
revolution for liberation from the Japanese fascism, on March 27, 1945. So
this day was recorded as an event of historical significance in Burma history
and was called "Anti-Fascist Resistance Day".

General Ne Win and his followers has systematically twisted the history by
changing this day as "Tatmadaw Day"(Army Day). It is clear their intention
was to:

-fade out the essence of the Anti-Fascist Resistance movement.
-abate the anti-Fascist spirit of the entire population of Burma.
-fade out the significance of General Aung San in the struggle for national
independence.

Today, the Slorc, military junta:
-has been oppressing the entire population in the way the fascist had done,
to their own people.
-has been destroying national solidarity by various means, particularly by
launching a major offensive against peoples.
-is still rejecting the 1990 general election results.
-has ignored the resolutions of the United Nations General Assembly (USGA).

Therefore we jointly demand the Slorc to:
-stop their major offensives against the ethnic people and democratic forces.
-to honour the results of 1990 May election.

We earnestly appeal to the international community to exert more pressure
against the Slorc who has been ruling Burma like fascists.

We also urge the world population to enhance their support to our struggle
for democracy, and all citizens of Burma including Burmese students inside
and outside of Burma to continue our great struggle to uproot the military
dictatorship from our mother land by firmly gripping this anti-fascist
spirit.

Down with the military dictatorship.

Central Leading Committee, All Burma Students' Democratic Front (ABSDF)
Central Executive Committee, Democratic Party for New Society (DPNS)
Central Executive Committee, ALL Burma Young Monk Union (ABYMU)
Central Executive Committee, Committee for Restoration of Democracy in
Burma(CRDB)