The Children Suffer Too

The following is an extract from a letter I received from a friend.

He is 13 years old, I have known him for 2 years. He has been studing
English for about 3 years. He lives in a refugee camp near Mae Sot.

It makes me very sad when I see these kids in camps, suffering while the
western world turn a blind eye for more than 45 years.

This letter was written in English, some of the grammer is not perfect but
I think you will understand it.

 ..... I want to tell you more about trouble for refugees. Do you know
yellow ribbon? Yellow ribbon (DKBA) are people who against back their
nation.

I know they very evil. They took out of many government (KNU) and killed
them. And they drove out of refugees of Burma.

They arranged they will burn all the house in Baw Naw. All people in Baw
Naw should moved to other villages and some went to Burma.

Many parents take their children out of school. I'm very sorry because I
saw many student went.

At Baw Naw, moi river other side yellow ribbon kept many big guns for
burn up Baw Naw village (refugee camp near Sho Klo).

Amoung the yellow ribin people some Burmese soldiers stay with them.
Burmese soldier wore yellow ribbon and pretended as like as yellow
ribbon. Yellow ribbon got Wan Ka (Kawmoora) also.

Because they attacked with big guns which can damage the place. Which
people (KNU) made with big logs for the soldier can protect self. And
they left poison gas amoung Karen soldier. When Karen soldier smell that
him face are become blue and blacked nose. After that soldier who injury
they stay in hospital.

* Yellow Ribbon is refering to the peiece of rope/ribbon worn by all
followers loyal to the DKBO.

ATIAH....