memorable quotes

>From Los Angles Time, Feb 20th, 1995, Bussiness Section

   "Corporate America could be quietly helpful on
 on human rights, and they've not made any effort.
 They've elected to lie low, and I think that's unfortunate."

                Rep. Bill Richardson
      (D-N.M), critic of Burma who urges U.S Corporations to
             act as ambassadors of change

  "These issues we're taling about are discussed privately
in Myanmar with the government people with whom we've met.
In my view, the government is sensitive to these issues."

            John F. Imle Jr.
            President
            Unocal Corp.