SUBJ:Dawngwin not fallen, reports wrong

>From our correspondent on the Thai/Burma border
Dated Feb. 11,1995, Mae Tan

Dear BRC--J

Dr. Kyaw Thet Oo and I heard a BBC radio broadcast
this morning that Dawn Gwin fell to SLORC.  We
came here to the closest phone to inquire.  We spoke
with Soe Aung in Mae Sariang.  ABSDF still has
control of Dawn Gwin.  BBC's radio report is not
accurate.  We thought maybe you'd heard the same
misinformation and were worried.

Family Village has moved further inside Thailand. It is
still accessible by 3 ォ hour journey by truck  and then
4-5 hours walk "for a foreigner" (which means a
secure route.

ABSDF is attacking SLORC's supply lines.  So far
five students have been injured but none seriously.  All
have been transported to * * hospital in the middle of
the night.  The doctor will check on them tomorrow.

Ma Thet is ill--maybe a common cold.  Dr. Kyaw Thet
Oo is well, except that he put his back out a few days
ago carrying supplies for the escaped porters in Paw Pa
Hta.  He has a new "Kawasaki" cap.

DKBO arrested the Pa-an district chairman from the
refugee camp, one of 2 Buddhists on KNU Central
Committee of 50 members.  Locally there's much
worry and confusion.  DKBO seems to be getting
strong.  They and SLORC occupy the area opposite
Mae Samlep, therefore no boat passage.  Many rumors
in the area.  Most KNU in PPH area are Buddhists.
Leadership of KNU in the refugee camps are very
worried.  All this plays conveniently into SLORC's
agenda.
/e

Love, B

>From Dr. KTO, May you be well by the power of the