Subscription request from... (r)

Doug,  I agree with your comments about SLORC probably already having access
to information from BurmaNet.  At the same time, I'm sure many of us would
like to impose some sanction in order to get SLORC to open up its
communications to permit outside news to get to the people inside Burma.
 Perhaps you could suggest that we would like for BurmaNet to get to Aung San
Suu Kyi and anyone else in Burma.  In any case, the news you make available
may, in some small way influence SLORC.  I do not believe we should be
denying the "truth" to the opposition.  Frankly, I do not SLORC to ever have
the slightest basis for suggesting that "We did not know of the massacres,
atrocities, and other abuses being committed in our name".  BurmaNet will
serve that purpose.  Sorry I missed you last month.