Politics and SCB

One of the Burmese netter gently complained/pointed-out that SCB is anti-SLORC
and political newsgroup. While I admit such is mostly true, knowing that there
are lots of burmese and american out there who access SCB and even PeaceNet's
internal conference (reg.burma), most don't post anything to SCB, even
if the matter is apolitical. (eg: Pop-music scene, gathering, etc...)

Many burmeses have privately sent e-mails or/and told me in person that they
access SCB and yet they don't write anything to it. That is the main problem
with burmese community and in democratic movement as well. Most burmese often
hope "others" will do something about it. Perhaps that is why SLORC has lasted
as long as they have. Burmeses in inside Burma can't do anything and
most burmeses (95%) outside Burma (eg: US, UK, AU) won't do anything. It is only
arrival of burmese students from Thailand to Washington DC which resulted in
more protests and demostrations. (Keep it up guys - give them Hell!!)

If other burmeses on the Net won't post anything else, SCB will predominantly
remained anti-SLORC, political group although charter encompasses more.
So let's see more postings, pro-SLORc, anti-SLORC, food, burmese women/men,
restaurants, arts, religion, political or otherwise. Let's exercise our first
amendment even if you are not citizen. It is a hard fought right. In fact,
there will be 30th anniversary of free-speech movment in UCBerkley on Friday.
(Or is it 25th, I am not sure) Mario Savio will be there.

There use to be a guy from Military Embassy who used his son's account
in UMD (Soe Myint Aung) use to post SLORC's propaganda. Since he went back,
nothing from SLORC has made it to the Net, not even from the SLORC's guy who
monitored print and electronic media from Maryland.

Ct