Housekeeping notice, reg.burma-list

************************** BurmaNet **************************
"Appropriate Information Technologies, Practical Strategies"

HOUSEKEEPING NOTICE (please do not repost this to soc.culture.burma)

Dear reg.burma subscribers,

This housekeeping notice is going to the 60 some odd people/organisations
subscribed to the reg.burma list.  If you have questions or need help, please
let me know by sending an email note at strider@xxxxxxxxxxxx

If you have announcements to go to the on-line Burma community, reg.burma is
one of two important addresses to keep in mind.  To reach virtually the whole
of the Burma on-line community, send email to reg.burma at:

    reg.burma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and the soc.culture.burma newsgroup at:

    soc.culture.burma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can also post to the newsgroup using your regular newsreader.  The
reg.burma list is maintained by me and subscriptions are handled manually.
If you want on/off the list, send me a note at: strider@xxxxxxxxxxx

The reg.burma list is a semi-private mailing list and is not automated.  To
subscribe or unsubscribe, send a note to the strider address explaining what
you want done.

A couple of words on privacy and security.

No one except the listowner will know that you are subscribed to reg.burma
list unless you post something.  If you don't want anyone to know you are
subscribed, don't post.  If you have something you want posted but don't want
your name on it, you can either send it to me or post it yourself
anonymously.  I will strip off your return address and post messages from my
account if there is nothing I find offensive in the message.  For a greater
degree of privacy, learn how to use the anonymous server in Finland.  Send a
message to help@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and it will give you instructions on how to use
it.

If you have security concerns as well, learn how to use a data encryption
program called PGP (Pretty Good Privacy).  You can find instructions in the
USENET newsgroup alt.security.pgp or contact me.

Take care,

    Strider