Democratic Voice of Burma

Subject: Democratic Voice of Burma

/* Written  1:08 am  Nov 19, 1992 by burma@xxxxxxxxxxx in igc:reg.seasia */
/* ---------- "Democratic Voice of Burma" ---------- */
 >/* Written 10:55 pm  Nov 17, 1992 by hfrederick in igc:reg.seasia */
 >/* ---------- "Who Know New Voice of Burma?" ---------- */
 >From: Howard Frederick <hfrederick>
 >Subject: Who Know New Voice of Burma?
 >
 >If anyone has information, please reply to both this conference
 >and to the questioner.  (He can't read APC conferences).  Thanks.
 >
 >hf
 >
 >From: Robert Horvitz <ANTENNA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 >Subject:      Democratic Voice of Burma

 >Hi, Howard.  Have you ever heard of the "Democratic Voice of Burma"?
 >Apparently they're on daily, using the transmitter facilities of
 >Radio Norway.  I'm curious if their signal actually reaches the
 >traget area, and if anyone can evaluate their program content.
 >
 >I've just gotten a request for aid from them.  If you don't have
 >any info about this group, could you at least relay my query to
 >the cdp:reg.seasia group?  Thanks in advance - I don't have access
 >to Peacenet anymore.
 >
 >Bob Horvitz
 >email:  antenna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 >antenna@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 >antenna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is a Norway funded radio program beeming toward Burma. It is
manned (not to be sexist) by ABSDF members along with other
Burmese expatriate in Norway. Aye Chang Naing, a ABSDF, member
is one of them. I can't get them here in San Francisco
but I don't know whether it can be tuned elsewhere in US.

I think the program is about 45 min long on everyday. They
are getting news directly from BKK which intern get news
from Manerplaw.

Coban Tun
Burma Foundation
PeaceNet address burma@xxxxxxx